U.S. because of its strong family based visa policies has always been the preferred destination of families to settle down. The U.S. citizens, through Family Visa and Green Card can sponsor their family members to live and work in the U.S. Under the provisions of United States immigration law, precisely the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), family visas are provided under two categorising, immediate relatives and family preference category. The visas provided under family based category are follows:

  • IR-1: Spouse of U.S. Citizen
  • IR-2: Unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-3: Orphan adopted Abroad by a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-5: Parent of U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old
  • F-1: Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children (if any)
  • F-2: Spouses, minor children and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 year & over) of lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs’)

  • F-3: Married sons & daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses & minor children

  • F-4: Brother& Sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children provided the U.S. citizens should be at least 21 years of age

  • K-1: U.S. citizens can sponsor their fiancée to enter the U.S. & thereafter apply for the Green Card

  • K-3: U.S. citizen can sponsor their spouse to come & live in the U.S. while his/her green card in process

In order to begin your family based immigration process, you need:

  • USCIS approved immigrant visa petition (I-130)
  • Proof of relationship with the U.S. citizen
  • Based on the category applied, the Department of States determines, if an immigrant visa number is available for the applicant

  • After the visa number becomes available, your sponsoring U.S. relative,(excluding grandparents, uncles, aunts, in-laws and cousins); apply to change your status to that of a LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident)

At Abroad Today, your visa application will be processed by one of the most diligent and experienced persons. They will provide you with expert guidance regarding your documentation and visa processing. We are a company with highly experienced migration experts and represent the clients from across the world who wish to migrate to the U.S.