Like many other nations, the U.S. government gives chance to the wealthy foreign nationals to enter the U.S., if they plump money in its economy which can help in the growth and progress. Under this category, U.S. visas are made available to immigrant investors, if they are able to benefit the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment. The EB-5 is one of the most difficult and most expensive category to establish eligibility for, so it always advisable to take the help of a reliable immigrant company. Under this category, you have to make investment before applying for a green card and if you fail, you may lose lot of money also. Abroad Today will provide you with expert guidance needed for the of EB-5 visa. Obtaining green card through EB-5 is both a tedious and time consuming task and the U.S. government has formulated stringent rules to limit the overflow of foreign nationals through investment. Abroad Today helps you through all these difficult processes.
Requirements for Investor Visa: To apply for investor visa, an immigrant must invest, without borrowing, the following minimum capital dollar in a qualifying commercial enterprise:
- $ 1,000,000 (U.S.) or
- $ 500,000 (U.S.) in a high-unemployment or rural area
The qualifying investment must create full-time jobs for at least 10 U.S. citizens, lawful residents or other immigrants’ authorized to work in the United States, within two years, excluding the investor, and his spouse, sons or daughters.
Categories of Immigration Investor Visa:
- C-5: Employment creation outside the targeted area
- T-5: Employment creation in a targeted rural/high unemployment area
- R-5: Investor Pilot Program not in a targeted area
- I-5: Investor Pilot Program in a targeted area
EB-5 (Green Card) Benefits:
- EB-5 Green Card enables or qualifies the investors, entrepreneurs and the businessmen along with their families, to stay and work anywhere in the U.S. permanently
- Green Card holder is eligible to work in any of the U.S. companies at any level & at any length and that too without any sponsor.
- EB-5 Green Card holder is allowed to travel outside the U.S. & return back without any restriction. Moreover he can also sponsor his relatives to get green card & enjoy the same benefits to live & work in the U.S.
- After time period of five years, Green Card holder can apply for the U.S. citizenship and get the right to vote & run an office in the U.S.
- An EB-5 visa is normally granted for initial 2 years period, where the candidate will obtain a conditional U.S. resident status. Once the condition is withdrawn he will receive a permanent U.S. Green Card.
- EB-5 Green Card holders have to pay less tuition fee for the Universities or Colleges which are 3 to 4 times lower than what other foreigners pay.